CalFresh Office Locations

If you are ready to apply for California Food Stamps (CalFresh), you can apply online by clicking here. You can also visit one of the CalFresh office locations to get help with the following:

  • Apply for CalFresh benefits in person
  • Check the Status of a CalFresh Application
  • Renew/recertify your benefits
  • Go for a CalFresh Interview Appointment
  • Get help with your CalFresh benefits

CalFresh offices are run by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) and in Los Angeles County, they are referred to as the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS).

Also, for each CalFresh office listed below, we have included the phone number.

Furthermore, we have provided below a list of frequently asked questions that CalFresh applicants call their local CalFresh offices for.

Read through the questions and see if you can save yourself time by getting your question answered here.

That way, you don’t have to visit or call your CalFresh Office for help.

"CalFresh office locations and phone number"

Table of Contents

CalFresh Office Locations – Alphabetically by County

The CalFresh office locations below are listed by County, so you have to scroll down to find your county offices and the location near you.

Note that for some counties listed below, only the phone number for the CalFresh office location has been provided.

Therefore, you will have to call the phone number to get details about office locations near you.

Alameda County Social Services Agency

North Oakland Self Sufficiency Center
2000 San Pablo Ave
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 263-2420

Eastmont Self Sufficiency Center
6955 Foothill Blvd #100
Oakland, CA 94605
(510) 263-2420

Enterprise Self Sufficiency Center
8477 Enterprise Way
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 263-2420

Eden Area Multi-Service Center
24100 Amador Street
Hayward, CA 94544
(510) 263-2420

Freemont Outstation
39155 Liberty St #C330
Freemont, CA 94536
(510) 263-2420

Livermore Outstation
3311 Pacific Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
(510) 263-2420

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(888) 999-4772 Toll Free
(510) 383-8523
Alameda County Website

Alpine County Social Services

75A Diamond Valley Road
Markleeville, CA  96120
(530) 694-2235 ext. 231
Alpine County Website

Amador County Social Services

10877 Conductor Blvd Suite #200
Sutter Creek, CA  95685
(209) 223-6550
Amador County Website

Butte County Employment and Social Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(877) 410-8803 Toll Free
Butte County Website

Calaveras County Works and Human Services

Government Center
509 East Saint Charles Street
San Andreas, CA  95249-9701
(209) 754-6448
Calaveras County Website

Colusa County Social Services

251 East Webster Street
Colusa, CA  95932
(530) 458-0250
Colusa County Website

Contra Costa County Employment and Human Services

East County
4545 Delta Fair Blvd
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 706-4980

(Check website for nearest location)
Contra Costa County Website

Del Norte County Health and Human Services

880 Northcrest Drive
Crescent City, CA  95531-3485
(707) 464-3191
Del Norte County Website

El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency

Placerville Office
3057 Briw Road, Suite A
Placerville, CA 95667
(530) 642-7300
Fax: (530) 626-7734

El Dorado County Website

Fresno County Department of Social Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(855) 832-8082 Toll Free Call Center
(559) 600-9001 Automated Assistance
Fresno County Website

Glenn County Health and Human Services

604 E. Walker Street
Orland, CA  95963
(530) 934-6514
Glenn County Website

Humboldt County Social Services

Eureka Office
929 Koster Street
Eureka, CA  95501

Garberville Office
727 Cedar Street
Garberville, CA 95542

Hoopa Office
535 Airport Road
Hoopa, CA 95546
(877) 410-8809 Toll Free
Humboldt County Website

Apply for CalFresh in Humboldt County here.

Imperial County Social Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(760) 337-6800
Imperial County Website

Inyo County Social Services

163 May Street
Bishop, CA 93514
(760) 872-1394
Inyo County Website

Kern County Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(661) 631-6807
Kern County Website

Kings County Human Services

1400 W. Lacey Blvd., Building #8
Hanford, CA  93230

951 Chittenden Avenue
Corcoran, CA 93212

520 Fresno Street
Avenal, CA 93204
(877) 410-8813 Toll Free
Kings County Website

Lake County Social Services

15975 Anderson Ranch Parkway
P.O. Box 9000
Lower Lake, CA  95457-9000
(707) 995-4200
Lake County Website

Lassen County WORKS

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(530) 251-8152
Lassen County Website

Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services

(626) 569-1399 Local Number Customer Service Center
(310) 258-7400 Local  Number Customer Service Center
(818) 701-8200 Local Number Customer Service Center
(866) 613-3777 Toll Free Customer Service Center
(877) 597-4777 Toll Free Health and Nutrition Hotline
(877) 244-5399 Toll Free Child Care Hotline
Los Angeles County Website

Madera County Social Services

Madera Office
720 E. Yosemite Avenue
Madera, CA  93639-0569
(559) 675-2300

Chowchilla Office
125 S. 2nd Street
Madera County Website

Marin County Health and Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(415) 473-3400
Marin County Website

Mariposa County Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(209) 966-2000
(800) 549-6741 Toll Free
Mariposa County Website

Mendocino County Social Services

Fort Bragg Office:
764 S. Franklin Street
Fort Bragg, CA  95482
(707) 962-1000

Willits Office:
472 E. Valley Street
Willits CA 95490
(707) 456-3700

Ukiah Office:
737 South State Street
P.O. Box 8508
Ukiah, CA  95482
(707) 463-7700
Mendocino County Website

Merced County Human Services Agency

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(209) 385-3000
Merced County Website

Modoc County Social Services

120 North Main Street
Alturas, CA  96101
(530) 233-6501
Modoc County Website

Mono County Social Services

Walker Office:
107384 Hwy 395
P.O. Box 579
Walker, California
(530) 495-1262

Mammoth Office:
452 Old Mammoth Rd, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 2969
Mammoth Lakes, CA  93546
(760) 924-1770

Bridgeport Office:
37 Emigrant Street
P.O. Box 576
Bridgeport, CA  93517
(760) 932-5600
Mono County Website

Monterey County Social and Employment Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(831) 755-4448
Monterey County Website

Napa County Health and Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(800) 464-4214 Toll Free
(707) 253-4511
Napa County Website

Nevada County Health and Human Services Agency

Nevada City Office:
950 Maidu Avenue
P.O. Box 1210
Nevada City, CA  95959
(530) 265-1340
(530) 582-7803

Grass Valley Office:
Brighton Greens Resource Center
988 McCourtney Road
Grass Valley, CA  95949
(888) 809-1340 Toll Free
Nevada County Website

Apply for Nevada County SNAP

Orange County Social Services

(Call for the nearest district office)
Medi-Cal (800) 281-9799 Toll Free
CalFresh (800) 281-9799 Toll Free
CalWORKs (949) 389-8456 24-hr Automated Assistance and (714) 541-4895 24-hr Automated Assistance
In-Home Supportive Services (714)-825-3000
Adult Protective Services Abuse Registry (800) 451-5155 Toll Free (24-hr Hotline)
Child Abuse Registry  (800) 207-4464 Toll Free or (714) 940-1000 (24-hr Hotline)
Orange County Website

Placer County Health and Human Services

Auburn Office
11542 B. Avenue
Auburn, CA  95603

Rocklin Office
1000 Sunset Blvd., Suite 220
Rocklin, CA  95765

North Tahoe Office
5225 North Lake Blvd.
Carnelian Bay, CA  96140
(888) 385-5160 Toll Free
(916) 784-6000 If you are outside the County
Placer County Website

Plumas County Social Services

270 County Hospital Rd., Suite 207
Quincy, CA  95971
(530) 283-6350
Plumas County Website

Riverside County Public Social Services

(Call for the nearest district office)
(877) 410-8827 Toll Free
Riverside County Website

Sacramento County Human Assistance

Sacramento Offices:
2700 Fulton Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95821

3960 Research Drive
Sacramento, CA 95838

1725 28th Street
Sacramento, CA 95816

2450 Florin Road
Sacramento, CA 95822

Rancho Cordova Office:
10013 Folsom Blvd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95827

North Highlands Office:
5747 Watt Avenue
North Highlands, CA 95660

Galt Office:
210 North Lincoln Way
Galt, CA 95632
(916) 874-3100
(209) 744-0499
Sacramento County Website

San Benito County Human Services

1111 San Felipe Rd., Suite 206
Hollister, CA  95023-3801
(831) 636-4180
San Benito County Website

San Bernardino County Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(877) 410-8829 Toll Free
San Bernardino County Website

San Diego County Health and Human Services

(Call for the nearest district Office)
(866) 262-9881 Toll Free
San Diego County Website

San Francisco County Human Services

(Call for nearest location)
(415) 558-4700
(855) 355-5757 Toll Free
San Francisco County Website

San Joaquin County Human Services

333 E. Washington Street
Stockton, CA  95202
(209) 468-1000
San Joaquin County Website

San Luis Obispo County Social Services

(Call for nearest location)
(805) 781-1600
San Luis Obispo County Website

San Mateo County Human Services

(Call for nearest location)
(800) 223-8383 Toll Free
San Mateo County Website

Santa Barbara County Social Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(866) 404-4007 Toll Free
Santa Barbara County Website

Santa Clara County Social Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(408) 758-3600
Santa Clara County Website

Santa Cruz County Human Services

The Santa Cruz Office:
1020 Emeline Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA  95060

Watsonville Office:
18 W. Beach Street
Watsonville, CA 95076
(888) 421-8080 Toll Free
Santa Cruz County Website

Shasta County Health and Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(877) 652-0731 Toll Free
Shasta County Website

Sierra County Social Services

Loyalton Office:
202 Front Street
P.O. Box 1019
Loyalton, CA  96118
(530) 993-6700

Downieville Office:
22 Maiden Lane
P.O. Box 38
Downieville CA 95936
(530) 289-3711
Sierra County Website

Siskiyou County Human Services

818 S. Main Street
Yreka, CA  96097
(530) 841-2700
Siskiyou County Website

Solano County Health and Social Services

Fairfield Office:
275 Beck Ave
Fairfield, CA 94533
Phone: 784-8050

Vacaville Office:
1119 E. Monte Vista Avenue
Vacaville, CA 95688
Phone: (707) 469-4500

Vallejo Office:
365 Tuolumne St.
Vallejo, CA 94590
Phone: (707) 553-5000
Solano County Website

Sonoma County Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(707) 565-5800
CalWORKs (707) 565-5500
CalFresh (877) 699-6868
Sonoma County Website

Stanislaus County Community Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(209) 558-2500
Stanislaus County Website

Sutter County Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(877) 652-0735 Toll Free
Sutter County Website

Tehama County Social Services

Red Bluff Office:
310 South Main Street
P.O. Box 1515
Red Bluff, CA 96080
(530) 527-1911

Corning Office:
275 Solano Street
Corning, CA 96021
(530) 824-9182
Tehama County Website

Trinity County Health and Human Services

51 Industrial Parkway
P.O. Box 1470
Weaverville, CA  96093-1470
(530) 623-1265
(800) 851-5658 Toll Free
Trinity County Website

Tulare County Health and Human Services

Dinuba Office:
1066 North Alta Avenue
Dinuba, CA 93618
(559) 595-7000

Visalia Office:
1845 North Dinuba Boulevard
Visalia, CA 93291
(559) 624-8100

Tulare Office:
458 East O’Neal Avenue
Tulare, CA 93274
(559) 685-2100

Lindsay Office:
900 Sequoia Avenue
Lindsay, CA 93247
(559) 562-7400

Porterville Office:
1055 W. Henderson, Suite #3
Porterville, CA 93257
(559) 788-1500
(800) 540-6880 Toll Free
Tulare County Website

Tuolumne County Social Services

20075 Cedar Road North
Sonora, CA  95370
(209) 533-5711
Tuolumne County Website

Ventura County Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(888) 472-4463 Toll Free
Ventura County Website

Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency

Woodland Office
25 North Cottonwood Street
Woodland, CA  95695
(530) 661-2750

West Sacramento Office
500-A Jefferson Boulevard
West Sacramento, CA  95605
(916) 375-6200

Winters Office
111 East Grant Avenue
Winters, CA  95694
(855) 278-1594 Toll Free
Yolo County Website

Yuba County Health and Human Services

(Call or check website for nearest location)
(877) 652-0739 Toll Free
Yuba County Website

CalFresh Food Stamps FAQs

Here are the most frequently asked CalFresh questions.

What is the California (CalFresh) Food Stamps Income Limit?

Here’s the CalFresh SNAP Income Limit.

Note that both the Gross Income Limit and the Net Income Limit are based on a percentage of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).

California SNAP (CalFresh) Income Eligibility Standards for Fiscal Year 2023
Effective October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023
Household Size Monthly Gross Income (200% of FPL) Monthly Net Income (100% of FPL)
1 $2,266 $1,133
2 $3,052 $1,526
3 $3,839 $1,920
4 $4,625 $2,313
5 $5,412 $2,706
6 $6,199 $3,100
7 $6,985 $3,493
8 $7,772 $3,886
Each Additional Household Member: Add $787 $394

How Much in CalFresh will I Get?

How much in CalFresh benefits you get partly depends on the number of people in your household.

The table below shows you the maximum amount of benefits you may receive if you are approved, based on the number of people in your household.

Maximum SNAP Benefit Amount by Household Size for Fiscal Year 2023
Effective October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023
Household Size Maximum SNAP Benefit Allotment
1 $281
2 $516
3 $740
4 $939
5 $1,116
6 $1,339
7 $1,480
8 $1,691
Each Additional Household Member: Add $211

How long does it take to get CalFresh?

All CalFresh applications are processed as soon as possible but no later than thirty (30) calendar days following the date the application was submitted.

Furthermore, the County food stamps office must notify you of their decision (whether you’ve been approved or not) no later than 30 calendar days from the date of your application.

What If I Need Food Assistance Now?

If you need food stamps benefits sooner, you may qualify for CalFresh Expedited Service.

You are eligible to CalFresh Expedited Service if:

  • Your household has less than $150.00 in monthly gross income and does not have assets over $100.00; or
  • Your household’s total monthly income and resources are less than the monthly rent or mortgage, and utilities; or
  • You are a migrant or seasonal farmworker and you do not have assets over $100.00.

Can Students in College Get CalFresh?

Students can get CalFresh if they meet two conditions:

First, you must be considered a student according to the definition for CalFresh purposes.

Second, If you are considered a student, you can get CalFresh if you meet at least one of the following exemptions:

  • Work at least 20 hours per week, on average;
  • You are approved for state or federal work-study money and have not refused any job assignments;
  • Are approved and awarded TANF funded Cal Grant A or Cal Grant B;
  • Are a full-time student who is a single parent to a child under 12;
  • A part-time student with a child age 6-11 without adequate child care;
  • Are receiving CalWORKs benefits;
  • Are enrolled in CalFresh employment and training or another job training program accepted by CalFresh; (see below for a list of these programs)
    Do not plan to register for the next school term.

What documents will I need to provide to Apply for CalFresh?

Here are the documents usually required to get CalFresh:

  • A copy of your ID
  • Proof of any income from the last 30 days
  • Proof of student status (for college students)

In addition, immigrants may also be asked to provide:

  • A copy of your green card
  • A copy of your most recent paperwork for a U Visa, T Visa, asylum, refugee or parolee status, or a Violence Against Women Act petition
  • Naturalized U.S. citizens may be asked to provide a copy of their U.S. passport or naturalization documents.

However, if you are applying only for other people in your household, you do not have to provide proof of your immigration status.

Furthermore, your CalFresh benefit amount may be increased if you can provide proof of:

  • Housing expenses
  • Child support paid
  • Child/dependent care paid
  • Medical expenses if you are 60+ or disabled

Does getting CalFresh hurt my immigration status or make me a public charge?

Many immigrants are exempt from the public charge rule, including nearly all immigrants who qualify for CalFresh.

The public charge rule does not apply to anyone who already has a green card, unless they leave the U.S. for more than six months.

Furthermore, the public charge rule also does not apply to anyone who has, or is applying for, one of the following:

  • U.S. citizenship
  • Green card holder applying for a renewal
  • Refugee status
  • Asylum
  • U or T Visa
  • Immigration relief through VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) status

Also, getting CalFresh while you have or are applying for one of the above immigration statuses will NOT count against you later if you apply for a green card.

How Long Can You Stay on CalFresh?

CalFresh households must “recertify” their eligibility in order to keep continuously receiving CalFresh benefits.

To do this, they must complete a new application before the 15th of the month when their certification period will end.

In California, most households have a 12-month certification period.

Some households with elderly or disabled members have a 24-month certification period.

Households that only have elderly and/or disabled members and no earned income are certified for 36 months.

If I am approved for CalFresh, how do I access my benefits?

Once you are approved for CalFresh, your benefits will be deposited each month on the due date through an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.

The California EBT card works much like an ATM or debit card and can be used to buy groceries.

See our detailed post for California EBT Deposit Schedule here.

What should I do if my EBT card does not work?

There are several reasons why your EBT Card may not work. This includes:

    1. The card may not be active, or
    2. There are no remaining benefits on your card.

If your EBT card is not working, you may call 1-877-328-9677 for help.

Also, you can log on to the California EBT Client Website for help.

How does CalFresh Semi-Annual Reporting (SAR 7) Work?

All households that receive CalFresh benefits must complete a Semi-Annual Report (SAR 7).

As part of the SAR 7 process, you will be required to document your income, property, and any changes to your household.

For elderly and disabled households with no earned income, there are different SAR 7 reporting requirements.

If you are elderly or disabled with no earned income and receiving CalFresh, your must complete your SAR 7 report:

  • at the 12th month during your 24 month certification period, or
  • at the 12th and 24th month during your 36 month certification period if your household is participating in the Elderly Simplified Application Project (ESAP)

For all other households, here’s what you need to know:

The SAR 7 must be submitted to the Social Services Agency by the date requested or your CalFresh benefits could be discontinued.

You can submit your SAR 7 report using one of the following methods:

CalFresh Office Locations Summary

We hope this post on CalFresh Office Locations was helpful.

If you have further questions about CalFresh or California EBT Card, please let us know in the comments section below.

Be sure to check out our other articles about CalFresh and CalFresh EBT, including:

Get the Complete Guide of EBT Discounts for 2024! $1,000+ Worth of Savings!