This post is about how to use CalFresh EBT online at ALDI to shop for groceries for pickup and delivery. If you are a California EBT cardholder and are wondering how to use your SNAP card to shop online at ALDI, we are here to help.
California SNAP EBT recipients can now use their food stamp benefits to purchase eligible groceries online at ALDI and other approved supermarkets.
In this post, we are going to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to shop for groceries online and pay with SNAP EBT at ALDI.
We will also cover:
- EBT Online Purchasing Pilot Program
- How to Use CalFresh EBT Online at ALDI
- California EBT Card FAQs
EBT Online Purchasing Pilot Program
In 2017, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced a pilot program for online EBT purchases.
The program allows EBT Cardholders to purchase groceries online for delivery or pick-up.
The first state to actually launch an online EBT program was New York, starting in 2019.
California was added to the pilot on April 28th, 2020.
ALDI EBT Online Purchase Program for California
If you have a California EBT card, you can now purchase groceries online from ALDI for delivery or pick up.
The delivery service is offered in partnership with Instacart.
You can only use your EBT card to buy eligible grocery items. You will have to add a credit or debit card to pay for non-EBT-eligible items.
In addition, you cannot use your food stamps dollars to pay for delivery.
Instacart expands SNAP EBT capability nationwide. Albertsons, Sprouts among retailers accepting online grocery payments from food insecure in new states https://t.co/zyIdOf6H4c pic.twitter.com/5lbblhe0Hu
— Supermarket News (@SN_news) July 25, 2022
How to Use California EBT Online at ALDI
Follow the steps below to use your California EBT card on Instacart for delivery or curbside pickup.
Click here for the ALDI store on Instacart.
Step 1 – Add your EBT SNAP card to Instacart
Here’s how to add your California SNAP EBT card to Instacart:
To add an EBT card to your account on Instacart.com or in-app—
- Click or tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner (see the image below).
- Select Account settings.
- Select Payment methods.
- Select “Add” next to EBT SNAP.
- Enter the first name, last name, and card number on the EBT card.
- Select Save.
Other forms of Payment Required
To successfully use your SNAP EBT card on Instacart, you must also add a credit or debit card to your Instacart account.
This will enable you to cover fees, bottle deposits in some states, taxes, delivery tips, and any other non-EBT SNAP-eligible items you may want to purchase.
Also, only one EBT card can be saved to your profile.
If you need to add a different EBT card, you’ll need to remove the first one before adding another card.
Step 2 – Shop for eligible SNAP food items
There are a few ways for you to see which items are EBT SNAP eligible.
You can allow EBT SNAP-eligible items to display when you shop. To enable this setting—
- Click or tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner (account)
- Select “Account settings”
- Select “SNAP EBT info”
- Tap the slider to turn on Show EBT eligibility by item
Also, if you are shopping using your computer, you can check the EBT Eligible box as shown in the image below.
Lastly, you can confirm which items are EBT SNAP-eligible in your cart before checking out. It will say EBT under the name of each item that qualifies.
Step 3 – Check out with EBT SNAP Card
Here’s how to checkout on Instacart using your EBT Card:
To checkout, visit your cart and tap or click the green Checkout button. You’ll be asked to add a delivery address and your payment information—
- Enter your credit or debit card information and address
- Add your EBT card information
- Click or tap Edit to change the amount that will apply to your EBT card
- Click or tap Confirm payment method
- On the Place Order page, confirm all information is correct
- Click or tap Place Order
- After placing your order, you will be prompted to enter your EBT card pin to verify your purchase.
Exclusive Offer: For a limited-time, pay with EBT SNAP on Instacart at select retailers & get free grocery delivery or pickup on your first 3 $35+ EBT orders. Ends 6/30/23. Terms apply.
California EBT Card FAQs
Here is a list of our most frequently asked about the CalFresh EBT Card Grocery shopping online at ALDI.
Can I use my California EBT online on the ALDI Shopping App?
No, you cannot pay with your California EBT on the ALDI Mobile App.
ALDI only accepts online orders through Instacart.
How do I download the ALDI Mobile App?
With the ALDI Mobile app, you get the following:
- Weekly ALDI Finds Updates: With just one click you can get each week’s ALDI Finds right at your fingertips.
- New Low Prices: Find the latest price reductions on the items you love.
- Weekly Ads: Get your low prices even faster with our weekly ads.
- New at ALDI: Be the first to know about our latest and greatest items available at your local store.
- Create a Shopping List: Easily use our shopping list tool to create your list of must-have items.
- Store Locator: Find nearby ALDI stores from your current location – all with their address, directions, map, and store hours.
- QR Code Reader: Use our QR Code Reader to view special content on some of your favorite items.
What other stores accept California EBT Online?
ExtraMile by Jacksons
Food 4 Less
Gong’s IGA Market
Jacksons Food Stores
Mar Val Foods
Rancho San Miguel Markets
Sam’s Club Scan and Go
Save Mart Supermarkets
Super King Market
The Market by Superior
What Restaurants take California SNAP EBT?
Your CalFresh EBT Card or Golden State Advantage card can be used at select restaurants and fast food places if you meet the eligibility criteria.
This is part of the CalFresh Restaurant Meals Program.
The Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) allows CalFresh recipients who are 60 years of age or older, disabled, or homeless to use their CalFresh benefits to purchase lower-cost prepared meals at approved participating restaurants in certain counties.
Currently, the restaurant meals program is active in the following counties:
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Clara
- San Francisco
- Santa Cruz
How do I replace a Lost or Stolen CalFresh Card?
Upon contacting customer service, they will deactivate your EBT card. This means that you will no longer have access to your benefits until your replacement card arrives.
To contact California EBT Card Customer Service use the contact information below.
California EBT Card Customer Service Phone Number
You can call 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week
How to Use California EBT Online at ALDI Summary
We hope this post on How to Use CalFresh EBT Online at ALDI was helpful to you!
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have more questions about your California EBT or SNAP Benefits.
Also, be sure to check out our other articles about California SNAP and EBT, including: